[mapguide-users] OS 1.1 and SQL Secondary Tables

Jackie Ng jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au
Mon Feb 4 17:48:19 EST 2008

If you use 1.2, you can read views from SQL Server. To my knowledge, to get
the same capability in 1.1, you would have to do some crazy configuration
hacking in the Feature Source which I don't think even works.

Please note that that SQL Server Provider is different from the ODBC
provider. The ODBC provider is for attribute data and/or point geometry.

Whereas SQL Server Provider is solely for geometries (all types). To my
knowledge, you can't read attribute data via SQL Server Provider.

- Jackie