[mapguide-users] MapGuide OpenSource On VM-Ware Servers

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 23:12:24 EST 2008

i guess the million dollar question here is what other images are running on
the machine?

if they are low cpu type apps then it might be ok, mapguide is very bursty
cpu wise and this
could adversely affect the other images...

Based on what Trevor said, you could also investigate the option of running
the old fashioned
way without any virtualisation with multiple apps running together

On Feb 8, 2008 3:17 AM, James Card <James.Card at calcad.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 17:29:06 -0800, Zac Spitzer <zac.spitzer at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > saying all of that, when i have run up a VMWARE of XP with MGOS on my
> > laptop it was a lot slower than running natively, but it was a laptop!
> >
> > On Feb 7, 2008 10:52 AM, Martin Fafard <martin.fafard at geoprojection.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> It's a little bit slower for me.

> Thanks Martin and Zac. We have some serious performance-tuning to do and
> unfortunately VMware is a piece of the puzzle. We'll do all the other
> stuff first and then see if we need to abandon VMware.
>
> --
> James Card
> California CAD Solutions, Inc.
> 209 578-5580 Voice