[mapguide-users] Question on MapStudio OS (for Kenneth)

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Sat Feb 16 06:30:19 EST 2008

Kenneth, thanks a lot for the clarification. Do you, by any chance, keep a
list of unmanaged libraries used by MapGuideNativeAPI.dll in case it uses
native MGOS connection object to connect to the server (DllImport-ed ones)?
I'm just trying to keep the list short as much as possible :-)

If certain MG-based FDO operations are not currently supported on
HttpServerConnection level, I guess I'll have to get around MG and talk to
managed FDO libraries directly, but this is a lesser problem.

IMHO, MG community is currently aware of MapStudio OS as a counterpart of
MapGuide Studio, but this managed layer underneath (MapGuideAPI.dll) is even
more interesting. Both MGOS and MGE do lack usable managed layer, I hope
someone (you?) will introduce a motion/RFC to adopt it as a standard
supplement to both.

Regards,
Maksim Sestic