[mapguide-users] Local drive vs Network drive with MGOS (Vista/XP)

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Sat Feb 16 13:01:34 EST 2008

The problem is that the network drives are created in the user profile,
and not the system profile.
The MapGuide server runs in a local system account, and not in the
account that you log in with.
You can try to get the service to run in your account, or you can try to
setup the network drive mappings for the system account.
For the latter, you may insert commands into autoexec.bat:
net use \\server\share X:

I seem to remember that there was some security problems with the last
approach, but I can't remember.
I hope this points you in the right direction though.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S