[mapguide-users] Server instabillity

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Feb 28 11:30:36 EST 2008

Hello list.

I am having problems troubleshooting a server instabillity.
I use all OGR based layers with MapInfo TAB files.

The server appears to randomly drop layers in the rendering process.
Ocasionally it drops all layers, sometimes just a few.

I suspect the trouble is some threading issue with the MI-Tab driver,
but I am unable to troubleshoot it.
I tried activating the Trace log, but I see no error messages.

I have the problem on both MGOS 1.2 and MGE 2008.

My question is: How do I debug periodic layer failures in the render?

I tried building and debugging the server, but found it extremly
difficult to follow the calls.
And since the failure is periodic I can't easily reproduce.

--
Regards. Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S