[mapguide-users] Connection Problem-ORACLE ODBC Driver(configure odbc connection)

Rahul unicorn_admirer at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 29 06:13:32 EST 2008

Hi All,
             I am using MGOS 1.2 and Map Guide Studio2008, I am trying to connect to Oracle Database 10.1.0 and i installed Oracle instant client-10.2.0.2 on my machine i.e. MapGuide Server, I also succesully installed oracle odbc driver-win32 10.2.0.3 in order to configure ODBC connection using Oracle(Oracle Driver) in the MapGuide Studio.

I also set the PATH variable to oracle instant client directory as well as also defined ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN as system variable.

I tried the connection string in th studio as follows -

Driver={Oracle ODBC Driver};Dbq=Database Name;Uid=xxx;Pwd=yyyy;

I also tried to use the another connection setting if it unable to get the values from tnsnames.ora hence i tried

Driver={Oracle ODBC Driver};Dbq=10.X.X.X:1521/abcd;Uid=xxx;Pwd=yyyy;

but i unable to connect to oracle and getting the FDO Error-An Exception Occured in FDO component.RDBMS:No Current open Database but the same database i can connect using the Fdo2Fdo Tools,Any kind of help will be really helpfull for me.

Thks
Max !!