[mapguide-users] Create feature source from FeatureReader

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Mon Jan 7 09:47:45 EST 2008

I think he would like to use a fixed spatial filter as the LayerFilter. MapGuide generally assumes that the layer filter is an attribute filter and then combines that with an automatically computed spatial filter based on the visible extents.

MG Studio's expression builder does not allow you to set a spatial filter in the LayerFilter. That said, it *may* be possible to set one by directly writing out the filter string by hand, using the POLYGON syntax that you mention. Even if that works (which it probably will if the syntax is exactly right), I am not sure whether the MySQL provider will handle having two spatial filters in the query -- there will be two since the one that was set manually will be combined with the automatically added BBOX query that MapGuide always adds.

Traian