[mapguide-users] Adding a dynamic layer BEFORE displaying the map

uXuf yousuf.hassan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 18:10:14 EST 2008

Hi all,
I am trying to add a dynamic layer to a map but before loading the map in
the map frame. It is supposed to work on some query string parameters and
should add a dynamic layer based on that information. I can add the Map to
the session. I want to query the map from the Session Repository and work on
a copy, however I keep getting the Session:xxxx//PointPlotter.FeatureSource
Exception occurred in method MgResourceDefinitionManager.GetDocument at line
476 in file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_18.1\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ResourceDefinitionManager.cpp
error.

Here is how I constructed the logic:
1- Make a new MgSite object
2- Use MgSite->Open with a new MgUserInformation object
3- store the session ID in a variable
4- Check GET parameters
5- if records exists depending on the GET parameters, make a new
MgSiteConnection object
6- Open this MgSiteConnection object with the session ID
7- Create a ResourceService by using MgSiteConnection->CreateService
8- Open the map by using $map->Open($resourceService, 'MapName')
9- Verify and add layers (building upon the Sheboygan Find Parcel example
from MG 1.1 samples)

Do I need to explicity add a feature source to the session repository? But I
think that's what exactly the CreatePointPlotterFeatureSource function does
from the findparcelsfunctions.php does in the samples.

And this error occurs when I call the CreatePointPlotterFeatureSource
function. When I add a new FeatureSource in the form of MgResourceIdentifier
it works fine (i.e. no errors generated), but on the first call to the
above-mentioned function it crashes. Apparently it doesn't execute even the
first line which I changed into an "echo" for debugging purposes.

Anybody got any tips?

Regards,
uXuf