[mapguide-users] Select a point and make sql query

Jackie Ng jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au
Mon Jan 14 17:47:10 EST 2008

A high level overview is..

In your php script, load $currentselection into an MgSelection object,
generate a filter off of that selection,

Create a MgFeatureQueryOptions object that contains this filter, and pass it
to the SelectFeatures() method of MgFeatureService. This returns an
MgFeatureReader that contains all the features in the selection set.

Then iterate through the MgFeatureReader, getting the geometry component of
each feature (which is an MgByteReader).

Pass this MgByteReader to the Read() method of an MgAgfReaderWriter
instance, which will return an MgGeometry object (this is the geometry of
your selected feature(s))

Then call GetCentroid() on this MgGeometry object, to get the selected
point. Now you can pass this to your SQL query.

- Jackie