[mapguide-users] MgCoordinateSystemTransform now abstract class?

Jim O'Leary jo at pat.ca
Thu Jan 17 23:18:23 EST 2008

Yes, this works:

        // $wkt is a WKT for the destination coordinate system
        $coordSysFactory = new MgCoordinateSystemFactory();
        $source = $coordSysFactory->Create($mapGetMapSRS());
        $target = $coordSysFactory->Create($wkt);
        $transform = $coordSysFactory->GetTransform($source, $target);

I didn't read anywhere that MgCoordinateSystemTransform had become abstract.
I wonder if this is a new feature or an unintended bug.

Mike Adair wrote:

> I recently started encountering this message too. What fixed it for me
> (in PHP) was to change instances of this:
> $srsXform = new MgCoordinateSystemTransform($srsDs, $srsMap);
>
> to this:
> $srsXform = $srsFactory->GetTransform($srsDs, $srsMap);
>
> Mike
>

> Jim O'Leary wrote:
>> Has MgCoordinateSystemTransform become an abstract class in MGOS 2.0?
>> I get this message when I try to make an object from it: Cannot create
>> swig object type: MgCoordinateSystemTransform as the underlying object
>> is abstract in C:\Program
>> Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\WebServerExtensions....
>>
>> *Jim O’Leary*
>>
>> Technical Consultant
>>
>> *Pacific Alliance Technologies
>> *2nd Floor, 24 East 4th Ave, Vancouver BC, Canada V5T1E8
>> TEL 604.676.6000 TOL 877.691.9171 FAX 604.682.0962
>>
>> WEB www.pat.ca <http://www.pat.ca/>

-----
Jim O&#8217;Leary

WEB  http://www.pat.ca/ www.pat.ca