[mapguide-users] Problem whit generate kml from mapguide.

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Tue Jan 22 14:31:57 EST 2008

Here is an excerpt from some C++ code from MapGuide that seems to do something to that effect. You will need to replicate
The for loop that iterates over the inner rings:

    INT32 outerNumRings = 0;
    Ptr<MgLinearRing> outerRing = polygon->GetExteriorRing();

    // OuterRing
    int currentIndex = 0;
    Ptr<MgCoordinateIterator> iter = outerRing->GetCoordinates();
    int nCoords = CoordinateIteratorToFloatArray(bufferParams, iter, vertices, currentIndex);
    if (nCoords > 0)
    {
        nPolyVerts[0] = nCoords; // outerRing coordinates
    }

    INT32 innerNumRings = polygon->GetInteriorRingCount();

    // Inner rings
    for (int i = 0; i < innerNumRings; i++)
    {
        Ptr<MgLinearRing> innerRing = polygon->GetInteriorRing(i); // Get Ring
        Ptr<MgCoordinateIterator> iter1 = innerRing->GetCoordinates();
        nCoords = CoordinateIteratorToFloatArray(bufferParams, iter1, vertices, currentIndex); // Covert to OpsFloatPoint
        if (nCoords > 0)
        {
            nPolyVerts[i+1] = nCoords;
        }
    }

Note that you don't have to call the function CoordinateIteratorToFloatArray -- this is particular to what thise code is trying to do. In your case you want to write the iterator to XML.

Traian