[mapguide-users] Oracle Max 10 Connections

Pascal Coulon pascal.coulon at atkinsglobal.com
Tue Jan 29 16:01:14 EST 2008

Hi There,

We have a system based on MapGuide Enterprise, the Autodesk.Oracle provider
and an Oracle 10G R2. I have built a load test using Visual Studio 2008.
Every 5 seconds 60 new simultaneous users request a map.

I noticed that whatever the number of users, I still have a maximum of 10
active connections to the Oracle Instance. I believe that MapGuide must have
a pool of connections to Oracle; which are recycled regularly. The issue is
that if the number of users increases dramatically, the all system will be
badly slow. Can somebody advise on the maximum numbers of connection we can
hope with the Autodesk.Oracle provider. Can somebody also advise on a
possible tuning?

Any help would be appreciated.

regards,

Pascal