[mapguide-users] Documentation on tile service

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 07:28:09 EDT 2008

I'm not aware of any 'developer' documentation for the Tile Service

There are configurable options in serverconfig.ini for the tile service

you can get an idea of how the cache is structure and the tiles are requested
by looking under C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\Server\Repositories\TileCache

there is a working but broken implementation in the current version of
Openlayers, it will display tiled
mapguide maps but the co-ordinates used are wrong
(http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1511)

the latest version of Fusion has an updated version (fix for co-ords
was in http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/2 ),
but it's only in Fusion at the moment and Fusion uses an older version
OL 2.5 (and it currently makes bad tile
requests http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/64 which fills your error logs)

The tile cache doesn't support HTTP caching either
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/467

hope this helps

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 8:14 PM, Md. Kaisar Imam <k.imam at hawarit.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any documentation about how the tile service of mapguide works
> internally?
> Also how we can configure different parameters of the tile service.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Md. Kaisar Imam

Zac Spitzer -