[mapguide-users] DWF viewer and url target frame error

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 06:43:06 EDT 2008

Hi all,

sometimes Ctrl-click are directed into a new window in the dwf viewer
instead of the frame I chose in the map definition.
It does always work correctly in the ajax viewer.

After a little studying I've found that it works correctly in the dwf
viewer if Autodesk Viewer 7 is installed.
But now Autodesk Viewer 7 is deprecated in favour of the "newer and
cooler" Autodesk Design Review (2009) that includes also the dwf
viewer.

With Autodesk Design Review (2009), even if with ServicePack1, urls
are always opened in a new window, both in IE6 and in IE7.
This obviously breaks all the javascript code in that frame that is
expecting to have the map into "parent.parent.something".

I'm using MapGuide O.S. 1.2.

Does any one have experienced the same problem and found a solution
(apart from using Autodesk Viewer 7 and keep insulting Autodesk guys)?

Gabriele