[mapguide-users] Mr Sid problems in MGOS 2.0

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Jul 17 19:18:04 EDT 2008

Hi George,

The instructions for 2.0 (and 2.0.1) are somewhat different than for
previous versions:

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoGdalNotes#FDO3.3.0MapGuide2.0.0

You should not install gdal1.4.dll.  You should only need to install the
three MrSID plugin files.

However... If you're seeing the files opening, it may be that you're
running into the problem with the coordinate system being set to a value
other than that of the map, and may need to set a CS override in the
data connection for the raster data.

Are there any exceptions in your mapguide error log?

Another possibility is that you're not in the right place when
previewing the data. I think that the raster provider in 1.2 may have
done a better job of reporting the extents of MrSID files.  This is just
a gut feeling though; I haven't taken the time to test/document the
problem.

Jason