Re[mapguide-users] dlining error

Carl Jokl carl.jokl at keynetix.com
Fri Jul 18 08:27:30 EDT 2008

I will assume this must be JScript .Net because what you are doing could not
work at all otherwise but I see the problem in the code:

var featureService = new MgFeatureService(); //You explicity create a new
feature service. This is wrong
//This method call retrieves the feature service from the site connection
but you are not storing the //returned value
siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.FeatureService);
//This will not work because you explicity created this feature service
instead of getting it from the feature ///service
featureService.CreateFeatureSource(resourceIdentifier, sdfParams)

I am not completely familiar with JScript .Net but I would think that this
should be

//Get the feature service from the site connection, don't create it
explicity.
var featureService =
siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.FeatureService);
//Assuming you correctly created the resource identifier and the sdf params
elsewhere this should work
if (featureService) //Checking the returned feature service was not null
just in case.
{
     featureService.CreateFeatureSource(resourceIdentifier, sdfParams);
}