AW: [mapguide-users] 2.0.1 / IIS / .NET instability?

Hans Mörschell moerschell at geo.co.at
Sun Jul 20 03:30:47 EDT 2008

Hallo,

below the vb program and the batch file we use, any suggestions for a better
solutions are really welcome

thanks,

Hans

===================================

batch file for restarting MGOS like this:

netsh interface set interface LAN1 disable

taskkill /F /FI "SERVICES eq MapGuideServer2.0"

net stop W3SVC

net stop pgsql-8.2

net stop MapGuideServer2.0

net start W3SVC

net start pgsql-8.2

net start MapGuideServer2.0

netsh interface set interface LAN1 enable

===================================

this batch file is started by a little vb program (vb.net 2008):

- create a form and put the webbrowser control on it:

Public Class frmMonitor

    Dim LogFileName As String = Application.StartupPath &
"\LOG\monitorlog.txt"

    Dim DocLoaded As Boolean

    Private Sub frmMonitor_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

        Me.WindowState = FormWindowState.Minimized

        If System.IO.File.Exists(LogFileName) = False Then

            System.IO.File.CreateText(LogFileName)

        End If

        TimerMonitor.Interval = 30000

        TimerMonitor.Start()

    End Sub

    Private Sub TimerMonitor_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles TimerMonitor.Tick

        ' Mapguide Test / IIS Test / PostgreSQL DB Test

        MapGuide_IIS_DB_Test()

    End Sub

    Sub MapGuide_IIS_DB_Test()

        Dim TestSeite As String = ""

        Dim strPos1 As Integer = -1

        Dim StartZeit As Date = Date.Now

        Dim ZeitDiff As Long = 0

        If WebBrowserTest.IsOffline = False Then

            Try

                DocLoaded = False

                Dim u As New Uri("http://localhost/webmonitor/start.aspx")

                DocLoaded = False

                WebBrowserTest.Navigate(u)

                While DocLoaded = False

                    Application.DoEvents()

                    ZeitDiff = DateDiff(DateInterval.Second, StartZeit,
Date.Now)

                    If ZeitDiff > 10 Then

                        WebBrowserTest.Stop()

                        WriteLog("IIS / MapGuide Server / DB neu gestartet")

                        ServerAppRestart()

                        Exit Sub

                    End If

                End While

                TestSeite = WebBrowserTest.DocumentText

                strPos1 = -1

                If Trim(TestSeite) = "" Then

                    strPos1 = -10

                Else

                    strPos1 = InStr(TestSeite, "Seite erfolgreich geladen")

                End If

                Select strPos1

                    Case 0

                        WriteLog("IIS / MapGuide Server / DB neu gestartet")

                        ServerAppRestart()

                    Case Else

                End Select

            Catch ex As Exception

                WriteLog("IIS / MapGuide Server / DB neu gestartet")

                WebBrowserTest.Stop()

                ServerAppRestart()

            End Try

        Else

            WebBrowserTest.Stop()

            WriteLog("IIS / MapGuide Server / DB neu gestartet")

            ServerAppRestart()

        End If

    End Sub

    Sub ServerAppRestart()

        TimerMonitor.Stop()

        System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Application.StartupPath &
"\mgosiisdbrestart.bat")

        TimerMonitor.Interval = 30000

        TimerMonitor.Start()

    End Sub

    Private Sub btnEnde_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles btnEnde.Click

        End

    End Sub

    Sub WriteLog(ByVal LogText As String)

        If System.IO.File.Exists(LogFileName) = True Then

            Dim strgDate As String = Date.Now.ToString

            strgDate = strgDate & "  "

            Dim LogWriter As New System.IO.StreamWriter(LogFileName, True)

            LogWriter.Write(strgDate & LogText & vbCrLf)

            LogWriter.Close()

            LogWriter.Dispose()

        End If

    End Sub

    Private Sub WebBrowserTest_DocumentCompleted(ByVal sender As
System.Object, ByVal e As
System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs) Handles
WebBrowserTest.DocumentCompleted

        DocLoaded = True

    End Sub

End Class