[mapguide-users] Firefox 3 intermittent raster display

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Thu Jul 24 09:32:24 EDT 2008

zspitzer wrote:

> As far as i could tell the raster's loaded ok, it's a little hard to
> tell without knowing the map,
> but here were no glaring holes from missing rasters

V odd. So you see the same initial view as in IE7? How about if you zoom in
a few times? The map should always have raster tiles (or vector if you zoom
in a long way) underneath any of our vector data, unless you go somewhat
outside the main boundary polygon. In other words, if you are seeing a white
background, but you are within that polygon, that is wrong: there should be
base mapping of some kind visible at all zooms.

To simplify matters for testing purposes, turn off the "Local Development
Framework Map" layer group. All you should then see is our boundary over the
base mapping. Base mapping of some kind should always be visible within that
polygon. For me in FF3, it is not at the initial view, nor at many other
views/zooms. In IE7, it is always there.

zspitzer wrote:

> just on the initial load i got the following error
>
> Error: reqParams is not defined
> [snip]
>
> also
>
> Error: parent.InMeasure is not a function
> [snip]

I found those too, subsequently. I don't know what is causing that. I have
manually patched ajaxmappane.templ as per instructions in an earlier thread
(changing from POST to GET in RequestMap(), SetSelection(), ZoomSelection(),
and RequestHyperLinkData()) in order to get it working in FF3. I noticed in
addition that some code was in a different location in the patched version
of RequestHyperLinkData(), so I moved it. Has that got rid of the Javascript
error? Looks like it might have done. It hasn't fixed the missing rasters,
though.

Thanks

Tom