[mapguide-users] Work with data from Oracle Spatial

A. Fischer deejot at gmx.de
Thu Jul 24 12:05:43 EDT 2008

Hello Community,
I'm a very new user of MapGuide OS and have some problems with the import of
my data.
I use Oracle Spatial 10g.
At first I tried it with the Web Studio
(http://localhost:8008/mapguide/webstudio/) to import Feature Source but
there I can use only SDF and SHP - data.
Than I checked out the Maestro OS project. I used the following settings:
Known connection type; Oracle (oracle driver) as database type;
database=orcl
and as specified credentials the database-login (don't know if it's right):
When I clicked the "Test connection" butto I got this error:

"The remote server returned an error: (559) MgFdoException.:
An exception occurred in FDO component.
RDBMS: No current open database.
Exception occurred in method MgFdoConnectionManager.Open at line 858 in file
d:\buildforgeprojects\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_27.16\mgdev\server\src\common\manager\FdoConnectionManager.cpp"

I checked this file with Dependency Walker and find out that 2 *.dll-files
were missing (Microsoft Visual C runtime). Well, I installed this and copied
the ddl's but the connection still don't work.

I would be pleased to receive a reply,
Alex