[mapguide-users] Niewbie: Converting Tiff to ECW

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Jun 2 17:47:16 EDT 2008

If your tiff images are tiled and have overviews, they should be as fast
or faster than ECW... unless you're accessing them across a network.
Size is definitely an issue.

Jason

From: Dumas A
Subject: [mapguide-users] Niewbie: Converting Tiff to ECW

I have about 100 tiff images,, about 300MB each. It much to big to use
them in MGOS.  I found some info in forum that it is better to use ECW
format, to reduce size and for better performance.
Unfortunately I have no software to convert tiff to ECW. Maybe there is
freeware or trial application to do it?