[mapguide-users] how to refresh legend panel when create a dynamic layer ??

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 07:11:07 EDT 2008

Right now, that is really the only way to refresh the legend - it
currently gets its information from the map widget about which layers
make up the map.  And the only way to tell the map to add a layer that
was dynamically added from the server is to call reloadMap.

I agree that this is a performance problem.  Currently, the Map widget
retrieves a lot of potentially unnecessary information about the
layers and it would be nice to refactor this to be a bit smarter.  We
would still need to call reloadMap I think but we could slim down what
happens on the server side (in LoadMap.php) to just return the layer
list rather than enumerate all the scale ranges and styles of each
layer.  Then the Legend can be a bit smarter about requesting the
scale range and style information for just layers that have changed.

I've filed http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/75 to track this
change, but it won't be something we tackle for a while - patches
graciously accepted if someone else wants to tackle it.

Cheers

Paul