[mapguide-users] Fusion map insists on refreshing map on selection, and clear selection...

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Jun 9 16:05:40 EDT 2008

Actually, in MapGuide OS 1.2.0 the selection is a part of the image.
So any selection/de-selection will require the map to be redrawn completely.
In MGOS 2.0.0 there was an optimization that enables an application to
retrieve the selection as a transparent PNG.
While the transition effects in OL 2.6 will visually minimize the
flickering, I would say that supporting the selection as a separate
image would be of great use in fusion.
This is especially true when the underlying layer contains complex rasters.

I have emulated the seperate layer for MGOS 1.2.0 by keeping a dummy
copy of the map where I turn on all the layers, select, and turn all
layers off.
The dummy map has transparent background, and thus renders as just the
selection.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S