[mapguide-users] Vehicle Tracking

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Jun 11 07:51:59 EDT 2008

If you only have to consider the current position of vehicles, you can
easily use a database.
Just add an x,y columns, and perhaps speed and other data to a table.
Then make a service that accepts coordinates from vehicles, and update
the correct row in the database.

In MapGuide, make a layer that reads the x,y points, and perhaps color
code according to speed.
You can then get away with refreshing the map periodically.

If you can read in the direction, you could throw in a rotation on a
symbol in the layer.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S