[mapguide-users] Mapguide Maestro and OGR FDO provider

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Jun 12 02:40:20 EDT 2008

If you have trouble with FDO2FDO and the OGR Provider, try opening
OGRProvider.dll with dependency walker:
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

It will show you what other DLL's are missing (if any).

As for MapGuide Maestro, the "providermap.xml" is used to assign user
interfaces to the different providers.
Unless you are developing a new user interface, you should not touch it.

Instead, MapGuide Maestro uses the MapGuide provider list:
C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\Server\Bin\FDO\Providers.xml

You should insert the Xml snippet there, and restart the MapGuide service.
Once done, the provider should appear when you select New -> Dataconnection.

Maestro already handles the OGR provider, but only if it is installed on
the server.
If you are missing some required files, you will get an error message
when you press "Test connection".
Again, dependency walker can help you out.

If you have further troubles, please write again.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S