[mapguide-users] Fusion + Oracle datasource problem

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 07:26:39 EDT 2008

Hi Klaus,

this is something that others have reported to me as well, it seems
that Fusion does some dumb things on initialization that it doesn't
really need to do, including retrieving the schema of layers in the
MapDefinition.  Fixing this will require some rearchitecting of how
Fusion starts up and what info is actually needed to be returned to
the client.  There are actually two blocking points, one is getting
too much info from the database (which appears to be very slow) and
the other happens when a MapDefinition contains a lot of layers and/or
thematic layers with lots of classes, Fusion generates a large
response that has to be evaluated in the client and this causes a long
delay too.

Both are probably unnecessary or can be minimized, but it will take
some time.  I hope that this will be part of the next Fusion release.

Cheers

Paul