[mapguide-users] Spatial Data Formats Best Practice

GISDOTNET aaron.ford at ntierdigm.com
Wed Jun 25 14:42:55 EDT 2008

Jason,

I appreciate your thoughts and advise. For one layer I need to be able to
push coordinates into a database and have those coordinates dynamically
displayed as points on the map. I'm not sure if MGOS can dynamically
generate points from an x/y table or if it would need to be a featureclass
that would be edited through the application. The other layers could reside
as SDF, but how do I migrate from an ESRI personal geodatabase, shapefile,
or ArcSDE, as these will be the primary data formats I will be receiving
from my clients. Lastly, are you aware of a PostGIS FDO document that
defines what information needs to be entered into the connection properties,
specifically, Service and DataStore?

Aaron