[mapguide-users] Spatial Data Formats Best Practice

GISDOTNET aaron.ford at ntierdigm.com
Wed Jun 25 16:39:59 EDT 2008

Kenneth,

Thanks for the response. I am using FDO which is how I got the OGR and
PostGIS providers configured. It's great that I don't have to convert;
however, I started this thread to determine which format, if any, was
preferred or best practice for use with MGOS from a performance,
functionality, usability, etc. standpoint.

What do you mean by "single polygon" when you wrote "I know the OGR provider
reports having point+line+polygon if the table contains a single polygon."
The table is nothing but polygons, or lines, or points. Shouldn't the OGR or
PostGIS provider be able to distinguish the geometry from the designated
geometry column? I'll look into MapGuide Maestro and see if that helps.

I appreciate the education.

Aaron