[mapguide-users] Silverlight/Moonlight Viewer

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Jun 26 05:29:38 EDT 2008

Yes, the http roundtrip time is a beast.

I think the server is (partly) divided, with one part being a repository
manager.
You can already retrieve resources with calls, and coordinate data with
another.
The MgApi interacts directly with the server, it is still serialized,
but binary.
The MgApi uses the loopback connection, but does not use a webserver,
and has no http headers.

So you can still do it, but I agree that it would make sense to divide
the different parts more rigidly.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S