[mapguide-users] Problems with SDF/Database Joins (Oracle)

Bob Cassarly bob.cassarly at famis.com
Sun Mar 9 17:06:08 EDT 2008

Max,

That is the driver I was using from my DSN.
My problem appears to be a problem is with the way MapGuide OS is caching
the database table/columns

If you first create a new Data Connection that uses a DSN (that uses the
Oracle Instant Client 10.2.0.3) it does indeed work and the tables
enumerate.  The problem I noticed with this is that if you change a table or
view definition to add a table/view column the new column does not appear in
the label/theme list.  This seems like a bug to me (especially considering
there does not seem to be a mechanism to update the cache).

If create a Data Source that uses the FDO ODBC Microsoft for Oracle driver
it connect sucessfully to the database but the tables do not enumerate.  If
I save that Data Connection as then later change Data Connection to use a
DSN the tables do not enumerate.  This also seems like a bug to me.

So the question is where are the database tables/columns cached too and is
it possible to refresh the cache.  Personally I would prefer that the
table/column NOT be cached at all but maybe I am asking too much.

Bob

Hi,
        I think you try to connect Oracle Database  with Oracle Instant
Client 10.2.0.3 and  oracle odbc driver-win32 10.2.0.3 .

Try ODBC FDO "Connect via a Data Source Name (DSN) set up on this server"
and use the above DSN which you created using the oracle odbc driver-win32
10.2.0.3 .

Max !!