[mapguide-users] Info: phpgenerictask theme -> xml error

web web at infogeo.ch
Mon Mar 10 07:26:51 EDT 2008

Hi all,
For those who use the theme function of phpgenerictasks:

Sometimes when creating a Theme, an exception occurs in:

classes/theme.php method ApplyTheme():

At this line:
$resourceService->SetResource($layerResId, $byteSource->GetReader(), null);

The error sounds like this:

Error: XML Indexer: Parse error in document at line, 34, char 12. Parser message: Not enough elements to match content model : '((LineStyle,Thickness,Color,Unit,SizeContext),ExtendedData1)'

So after browsing a little the web, I've seen a Post which fixes similar problems for pointrules..

What needs to be done is:

Adding a <SizeContext>DeviceUnits</SizeContext> tag in phpgenerictasks\theme\templates\arearuletemplate.xml

Initially the file is like this:

<AreaRule>
 <LegendLabel>%s</LegendLabel>
 <Filter>%s</Filter>
 <AreaSymbolization2D>
  <Fill>
   <FillPattern>Solid</FillPattern>
   <ForegroundColor>%s</ForegroundColor>
   <BackgroundColor>FF000000</BackgroundColor>
  </Fill>
  <Stroke>
   <LineStyle>Solid</LineStyle>
   <Thickness>0</Thickness>
   <Color>%s</Color>
   <Unit>Inches</Unit>
  </Stroke>
 </AreaSymbolization2D>
</AreaRule>

and it might be changed like this:

<AreaRule>
 <LegendLabel>%s</LegendLabel>
 <Filter>%s</Filter>
 <AreaSymbolization2D>
  <Fill>
   <FillPattern>Solid</FillPattern>
   <ForegroundColor>%s</ForegroundColor>
   <BackgroundColor>FF000000</BackgroundColor>
  </Fill>
  <Stroke>
   <LineStyle>Solid</LineStyle>
   <Thickness>0</Thickness>
   <Color>%s</Color>
   <Unit>Inches</Unit>
   <SizeContext>DeviceUnits</SizeContext>
  </Stroke>
 </AreaSymbolization2D>
</AreaRule>

It solves my problem, hope this can help someone :-)
Cheers, Rémy