[mapguide-users] Problems with SDF/Database Joins (Oracle)

Bruce Dechant bruce.dechant at autodesk.com
Tue Mar 11 12:13:50 EDT 2008

Jackie,

If you want to disable FDO caching for a specific provider you can do the following:

In the serverconfig.ini file edit the DataConnectionPoolExcludedProviders parameter. Example below: (disables it for ODBC and MySql)

DataConnectionPoolExcludedProviders = OSGeo.ODBC,OSGeo.MySQL

If you want to disable it for all providers you can do the following:

DataConnectionPoolEnabled = 0

Warning: Doing this does impact performance, especially for RDBMS (Oracle, etc...)

Note: The SDF and SHP providers are already excluded from the data connection pooling because of a FDO defect, but even though they are excluded they are still fast.

Thanks,
Bruce