[mapguide-users] fusion task pane oddities

Jackie Ng jackie.ng at aecsystems.com.au
Thu Mar 13 00:57:05 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm in the process of porting one of our existing mapguide applications to
the fusion framework, and am having difficulties with the new task pane
widget.

Our application starts from a query panel, which then does a POST query to a
query results page. Clicking on a query result then navigates to a detail
page which displays detailed information for that particular record (and
does some spatial queries on the current map). Once there, there is a link
to go back to the query panel.

Under the existing AJAX viewer, the back/forward buttons would correctly
pick up these navigation changes. The fusion task pane widget does not seem
to function this way. A cursory glance at the task pane widget code reveals
a function called setContent(url).

Should I be calling this function everytime I want to navigate? If so, does
that mean I am unable to do direct form POSTs if i want the back/forward
buttons to pick up the navigation changes?

Secondly, switching the maps resets the task pane back to the inital url w/
parameters for the current map (it's MAPNAME) which is good, but the task
pane seems to retain the navigation history __before__ the map change
__including__ the parameters of the __previous__ map.

For example, say I have a fusion layout that has MapA and MapB, and it
initially loads MapA, and the initial task url will contain MapA's MAPNAME.
Say I do a few searches and then switch to MapB, the task pane will
correctly load the initial url with parameters for MapB (MapB's MAPNAME).

But if I hit the home button on the task pane, it will load the initial url
with MapA's MAPNAME, and as a result, any feature operations I would be
performing on the current map (MapB) are actually done on MapA

So in a nutshell....

1 - Should I be using the task pane's setContent(url) to navigate between
pages inside the task pane.
2 - Should the task pane reset its navigation history when the current map
changes? If not, can I force this behaviour?

- Jackie