[mapguide-users] Apache on local computer only

Marc Pfister mpfister at enplan.com
Fri Mar 14 15:20:49 EDT 2008

This one has me just stumped.

I just installed MGOS 1.2.0 on Fedora Core 6 running in VMWare. I can
access the Apache welcome page and the MapAdmin login  page, but only
from the FC6 server. They show up using either localhost, 127.0.0.1, or
the server's LAN IP address. However, I can't reach any pages from any
other machine, whether I try from the LAN or from the outside.

The VMWare host is using bridged networking and has its own IP address.
It responds to pings and I can shh into the server.

Httpd.conf says:

LISTEN 8008

If I run netstat, I can see that httpd is listening on port 8008.

If I run tcpdump and listen for anything on port 8008, I can see the
requests come in from other machines. So it does not appear to be some
sort of firewall issue. So I know the requests are getting to the
machine, just for some reason Apache seems to be ignoring them.

FC6 runs SELinux, so I tried disabling that but I still cannot access
anything.

Any ideas?

Marc Pfister
Geospatial Data Manager