[mapguide-users] Apache on local computer only

Marc Pfister mpfister at enplan.com
Fri Mar 14 16:29:14 EDT 2008

The problem screams firewall or router issues, but the packets get
through to the MGOS server.

Also there's no firewall running on the MGOS server. So machines in the
LAN should connectk. I do have a firewall between the LAN and the
internet, but according to TCPdump it's correctly forwarding outside
requests to the right port.

Earlier I had tried switching Mapguide to port 80 instead of 8008, in
case something was blocking non-standard ports. But that didn't help
either. But seeing that the packets are at least getting to the Ethernet
adaptor, it seems the problem is somewhere between the adaptor and
Apache. However, the adaptor seems to send port 22 traffic to sshd just
fine.