[mapguide-users] MgCoordinateSystemMeasure problem in MGE 2009

Bruce Dechant bruce.dechant at autodesk.com
Mon May 5 13:57:07 EDT 2008

Jim,

For the 2.0 release the coordinate system API had 2 changes.
Please see http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc35

The above RFC removed the constructors for creating MgCoordinateSystemTransform and MgCoordinateSystemMeasure directly. For your case you can now create the measure object directly from the coordinate system itself.

Change this:
$srsMeasure = new MgCoordinateSystemMeasure($srs);
$srsXform = new MgCoordinateSystemTransform($srsDs, $srsMap);

To this:
$srsMeasure = $srs->GetMeasure();
$srsXform = $srsFactory->GetTransform($srsDs, $srsMap);

Unfortunately, it looks the sample code was not updated with the changes in RFC35.

Thanks,
Bruce