[mapguide-users] MapGuide Selection and UniqueID Determination

Crispin at 1Spatial Crispin.Hoult at 1Spatial.com
Thu May 8 04:34:30 EDT 2008

Thanks Kenneth,

That helps if we have the definition of an "identity column".  ie how does
FDO determine this?  I assume (hope) it is not just having a FDO
"IsAutogenerated()" value as obviously a database could have a unique column
that is key but not from a sequence.

SHP and SDF generically get a "FeatId" autogenerated through the provider
but this is not the case for foreign database schemas.