Re[mapguide-users] turn all unique values for a property for a particular layer

adnan.c adnan.chughtai at keynetix.com
Fri May 9 04:04:44 EDT 2008

Currently working with the MapGuide OpenSource 2.0 API and need to return a
list of all the unique values for a property for a particular layer

I have the following code where featureReader is of type MgFeatureReader

string propertyName = "Condition";

MgFeatureQueryOptions queryOptions = new MgFeatureQueryOptions();
featureReader = featService.SelectFeatures(resId, propertyName,
queryOptions);

However I get the error message "An exception occurred in FDO component.
Item 'Condition' not found in collection.

I've tried using a MgDataReader but am running into the same error message
as above.

MgFeatureAggregateOptions queryOptions = new MgFeatureAggregateOptions();
dataReader = featService.SelectAggregate(resId, propertyName, queryOptions);

Many Thanks,

Adnan