[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 2.0.1 released

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed May 21 01:00:07 EDT 2008

Great news, I have been running this release on linux and windows and
it's so much more stable than 2.0
and it resolves some finicky styling issues as well.

I would to like really thank the Mapguide Development Team for their
work on this release, it has resolved
many of the stability problems that many people on this list have been
experiencing.

I'm not sure if the final release of 2.0.1 resolves the following, but
the last build i tested had the following problems

Apache will crash on XP (haven't tested 2003) if the basic viewer is
used with FF3 RC1. The basic viewer
doesn''t work with FF 3 RC1 either, fusion does work, so you might
want to consider disabling the basic
viewer until this problem is resolved. On linux, with the basic viewer
and FF3 RC1 it doesn't work either,
apache only throws some errors but it doesn't crash out.

Apache crash - http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/557
FF3 Basic Viewer issue - http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/378

with this release, Fusion's support for tiled maps has been improved,
the co-ordinates are now correctly
reported :) however, there is an issue with zooming where the mouse
wheel pans rather than zooms
and the zoom scale defaults to fully zoomed in and it will always
'bounce' if you try and drag it out to a
larger zoom

tiled map zoom issue - http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/ticket/59

Regards

Zac

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Tom Fukushima
<tom.fukushima at autodesk.com> wrote:
> We are pleased to announce that the MapGuide Open Source project team has released MapGuide Open Source 2.0.1.
>
> This release contains many bug fixes since 2.0.0 and has been updated to install FDO 3.3.1.  For the complete list of fixes please see the release notes: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/2.0/Notes.
>
> The MapGuide team

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com (My Blog)
+61 405 847 168