[ZS1] [mapguide-users] Shareable markups

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Fri May 30 09:05:15 EDT 2008

I don't have a complete manual, but some pointers.
The rendering process is this:
Feature source -> Layer definition -> Runtime Map -> Output

You have the runtime map, so you have to construct a featuresource and a
layer for each markup.
The MapGuide API allows you to create an SDF featuresource without
manual filesystem access/setup.
The Shareable markups do this.

Next step is the layer that reference the featuresource. The GT example
uses a template, and then substitutes certain values before loading the
LayerDefinition Xml.
You can also use a single layer, and add multiple conditions, that will
save you the trouble of creating featuresources.
The best solution, depends on what you have to do with the data.

When you have a layer, you must insert it into the runtime map.
Finally a refresh must be performed on the client.

If the markups should be avalible permanently, they must be saved in the
"Library" repository.
If the markups is just for immediate display, it can be stored in the
"Session" repository, and will be automatically deleted once the session
ends.

That is the basic procedure for all redlining/markup/overlays tasks.
If you have a more specific question, please post it :).

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S