[ZS2] [mapguide-users] Connection on *.mdb

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Nov 3 02:40:49 EST 2008

You need to do this:
1. Click "New"
2. Select "Dataconnection"
3. Select "OSGeo FDO provider for ODBC"
4. Select "File on the server (Unmanaged)"
5. Type the path to the .mdb file
6. Confirm the connection string
7. Click "Configure columns"
8. Select the table to the left.
9. Check the "Geometry" box
10. Select the x and y columns
11. Click OK
12. Click the "Save" button.

You now have a FeatureSource you can use in a layer, and it can display
your points.
To theme the layer do this:
1. Click "New"
2. Select "Layer"
3. Click the "..." button and browse to your FeatureSource
4. Uncheck "Display lines" and "Display areas"
5. Click the green "+" next to the word "Rule"
6. Enter a filter, eg: 'Status' LIKE "Avalible"
7. Double click the point and select how an "Avalible" item should look.
8. Repeat for any additional states like "Busy", "Broken", etc.

Since the data is read from the database, you can update the database
using regular sql, outside of MapGuide.
If you change the "Status" field, the point will also change apperance
(eg. color) according to the rules.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S