[mapguide-users] Doubts

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 09:53:52 EST 2008

Hello!

I’m a newbie
with MapGuide OS and I’ve some questions that I can’t solve reading the old
posts in the mailing list. You need to know that I’m not a programmer!

So, here are
my doubts:

[1] I’m
working with my laptop using the servername “localhost” or “127.0.0.1”: http://localhost/mapguide/mapviewerajax/?WEBLAYOUT=Library%3a%2f%2fPinhel%2fLayout%2fPinhel.WebLayout
. Now I would like to share this layout with others in my network (Intranet)
and in the Internet. For those cases, what is the URL that I would share?

[2] How can
I have a tool for Select or Search by attributes of the shapes?

[3] I tried
to load raster files with world files (tif+tfw and sid+sdw), but MapGuide didn’t
recognized the world file. How can I do that?

[4] How can
I customize the print page (with ajax
viewer) with logo and resize de map area?

[5] The
symbol Library is not yet implemented in Maestro?

[6] I’m
working with a point shapefile that will be modified in a Desktop GIS and I
would like see the changes in MapGuide viewer in real time (I do that in
MapGuide 6.5). So, I connect the shape Unmanaged in Maestro but the changes
after that don’t show up in mapguide viewer
 I’m doing something wrong?

My configuration
is MapGuide OS with IIS on Windows XP Pro SP2.

Sorry about
this questioning! :) and my bad English!

Thank you
very much!

Yours sincerely,

Pedro