[mapguide-users] ArcSDE Connection and FeatureSource Config Files

Crispin at 1Spatial Crispin.Hoult at 1Spatial.com
Wed Nov 5 06:21:00 EST 2008

Hi,

Having optimised my FeatureSource config files for various connections (I
used to have a 5MB config file for an ODBC connection to an Oracle database)
I was surprised to see that with a new ArcSDE connection there was no config
file created.  Changes to the underlying schema are reflected immediately in
the Maestro layer editor so it looks like there is a schema check on each
connection (which could be poor).

If I go to the trouble of hand-rolling a config file for the feature source
will it be read by default or is there something in the ArcSDE provider that
means it queries the FeatureSource differently to other providers.

 Crispin