[mapguide-users] Using GetFeatureInfo on MapGuide layers via WMS

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 19:56:29 EST 2008

Ok, I have had a look thru trac and there doesn't seem to be complete
coverage of
WMS problems.

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&status=closed&verbose=1&component=WMS+Interface&order=priority

The best way to get this address is to file an easily reproduceable bug

for this i would recommend using the sheboygan sample dataset which we
all know and love and then file some WMS calls against this dataset
which are failing in the bug report

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/225
is a good example, nice and simple to reproduce and it got fixed

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/148
isn't such a good example and is still open

There is a fine art to filing bugs, I hope these examples help

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 6:13 AM, Kori Maleski <kori.maleski at gmail.com> wrote:

> I couldnt get it to work on point or polyline with MapGuide 1.2.  - Not
> sure if this is resolved in the new releases.
>
> Cheers,
>
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 11:22 AM, gingerbbm <stuart.jones at jacobs.com>wrote:
>

>> Dear all
>>
>> I am accessing MapGuide layers via WMS (in OpenLayers). I want to be able
>> click a point and see feature information (ultimately to create dynamic
>> tooltips). I found the code to do this job (see below) which employs
>> GetFeatureInfo.
>>
>> The thing is, it doesn't appear to work on point or line layers, only
>> polygon ones. Can anyone confirm that this doesn't work, or offer some
>> advice on how to make it work.
>>
>>    map.events.register('click', map, function (e) {
>>        OpenLayers.Util.getElement('nodeList').innerHTML = "Loading...
>> please wait...";
>>        var url =  layerTube.getFullRequestString({
>>            REQUEST: "GetFeatureInfo",
>>            EXCEPTIONS: "application/vnd.ogc.se_xml",
>>            BBOX: layerTube.map.getExtent().toBBOX(),
>>            X: e.xy.x,
>>            Y: e.xy.y,
>>            INFO_FORMAT: 'text/html',
>>            QUERY_LAYERS: layerTube.params.LAYERS,
>>            WIDTH: layerTube.map.size.w,
>>            HEIGHT: layerTube.map.size.h,
>>            TOLERANCE: 50
>>        });
>>        OpenLayers.loadURL(url, '', this, setHTML);
>>        OpenLayers.Event.stop(e);
>>      });
>>

>> I would appreciate any advice on this subject.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Stuart
>> --

Zac Spitzer -