[mapguide-users] Modify dynamically a layer

Francis MILHAU fmilhau at ag-carto.fr
Mon Nov 10 12:12:40 EST 2008

Hi,
Thanks a lot, i'm try this immediately
Regards

-----Message d'origine-----
De : mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org]De la part de James Card
Envoye : lundi 10 novembre 2008 17:34
A : MapGuide Users Mail List
Objet : Re: [mapguide-users] Modify dynamically a layer

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 05:05:40 -0800, Francis MILHAU <fmilhau at ag-carto.fr>
wrote:

> We want modify dynamically a layer; for exemple, modify the filter of a
> layer  when the map is loaded;

I've previously posted sample PHP code that demonstrates this; it should
be in the list archives. (When I have an hour or two free I'll clean up
that code and add it to the PHP samples in the Wiki.)

The basic process is to load the XML layer definition, modify it, and then
save the modified version to the session repository. Then you'll have to
follow a similar process to modify your map definition to point to the
modified layer definition (that is now in the Session repository rather
than in the Library repository), and then modify your layout definition to
point to the new map definition.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.