[mapguide-users] Importing map on MapGuide

Carmelo Saffioti csaffi at libero.it
Wed Nov 12 05:57:30 EST 2008

Yes, it seems a coordinate system problem. In fact, if on the source DWG file I set the LL84 coordinate system, the map is displayed.
The purpose of this work is to trace:
1) the current vehicle position with a point on the map
2) for a specified vehicle and time, trace the route followed by the vehicle

For this purpose, what's in your opinion the best way for storing the map and vehicles position? Now I'm storing the map on a SDF (or SHP) file, and vehicles GPS positions into a MySql db.

Please help me to get started
Cheers
Carmelo