[mapguide-users] Maps not visible in MgOS 2.0.2

MacNair manoj at deltacadd.com
Thu Nov 13 08:22:41 EST 2008

Let me recollect...OK here we go.

I was successfully running MGOS 1.2 with maps authored on MGE2008. I removed
this and installed MG0S 2.0.2 instead, as we began authoring the maps on
MGE2009. MGOS 2.0 windows installer failed to create & configure the virtual
directories for me (though I opted for it). Not sure why? Maybe I had to
stop MG 1.2 service before uninstalling the previous version of MGOS server.
Did try some manual configuration and didn't succeed too. I then borrowed
these configurations from some other server using .config files and that
helped. The .config files were borrowed from a server where a fresh
installation of MGOS 2.0.2 was done with no previous versions of MGOS
running on it. Saved a lot of time figuring out what’s wrong.

The open source installations were all done at default locations in
"C:\Program Files...." blah blah blah!.

Removed "Windows Authentication" for "mapguide" application and the other
virtual directories inheriting the same. (I did this as the borrowed .config
had them checked. Turned them off!

Renamed the Sheboygan package to .MGP from .ZIP. Placed it in "Packages"
directory at "D:\SomeWhere\Packages". This is where the "Package" location
is configured using "Site Administrator". Loaded the package successfully.

What else? Hmmn..

Created "dotnetviewersample" application under "mapguide" pointing to
"C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource2.0\WebServerExtensions\www\dotnetviewersample".

Copied "*.dll" from "mapviewernet" bin directory to " dotnetviewersample"
bin directory.

That's it. Eureka! Good luck to you and hope this helps.