[mapguide-users] GenerateFilter return always 20 ids

adnan.c adnan.chughtai at keynetix.com
Wed Nov 26 05:15:59 EST 2008

I had a similar issue a few months ago where only the first 20 results from a
selection were being returned, changing the filter size in both the
serverconfig.ini and webconfig.ini files did not resolve the issue for me.

The issue was due to the following changeset
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/changeset/3053 which restricted the selection
to the first 20 items.

My code was:

  selectString = mapSelection.GenerateFilter(layer, layerClassName);

The following ticket resolved this issue
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/501 and uses the following code
instead

  MgStringCollection filters = mapSelection.GenerateFilters(layer,
layerClassName, selectionSize);
  selectString = filters.GetItem(0);

You need to pass in the additional selectionSize parameter.

Regards,

Adnan