[mapguide-users] Doubts/Problems with find address and plot DWF

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Thu Nov 27 13:33:18 EST 2008

I answered number 1 for you a few days ago.    Basically the sample will not
help you and you will have to write something on your own.  If you REALLY
want to modify the sample application, you only need to modify the code so
the line in findaddress.php that reads:

$address = $_GET['address'] . ', Sheboygan, WI';

Is changed so you pass the city and state as a variable instead.

Here is what I wrote in my original response:  “the sample application uses
the geocoder.us web service to find the latitude and longitude of a street
address.  This is only for the United States.   See http://geocoder.us/ for
more information.   In order to do the same for data in Spain like you
desire, you would have to find a similar service with Spanish data or build
your own.

Something like this might be interesting to you:
http://www.nacgeo.com/geocode.asp.  Or, look into using the Google or Yahoo
geocoders.  http://www.developer.com/lang/jscript/article.php/3615681”

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.