[mapguide-users] Please help! Has anybody used King.Oracle in real conditions?

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Fri Oct 3 13:38:47 EDT 2008

I am facing the same problems. MapGuide Open Source running on Windows Server
2003 and IIS6, using King.Oracle to connect to an Oracle 10g database.

Everything's working pretty well except for the fact the memory gets gobbled
at an alarming rate, and it doesn't ever seem to be freed.

As an aside, I'm concerned about the performance of the enumeration of
spatial objects in the database. It appears that this happens once per
database schema. Is there some way of making this quicker? Or caching the
information before users hit the site? I'd appreciate any advice because
although it's close, it's not good enough to go live with. And I've invested
a lot of time in this product which I'd like to see the benefit of :)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Stuart