[mapguide-users] Please help! Has anybody used King.Oracle inreal conditions?

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Sat Oct 4 14:50:07 EDT 2008

Hi Zac,

I thing you are not right about way provider is working.
Provider is not using arbitrary schema and optimization is possible and
it uses oracle schemas which are accessible to that user.

Provider will access tables which are accessible to that Oracle User.
One way to optimize is to have Oracle User which will have access to
tables of interest for application , instead of all tables.

It is not new caching that will help, but in FDO it wil be possible to
ask provider about particullar class instead of all classes.
In some cases that can make difference.

Just for reading static spatial data, files will be faster than db but
many other functionalities will be missing.

Haris